Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Alaska Bound Day 19

Day 19 Vancouver BC Yesterday was quite warm and sunny. Today began very cloudy and tonight is steady rain. I had difficulty again with the credit card on check in yesterday so tried again today after a call to the company last night. Yes, they had a record I’d be traveling but they were just making sure it was me. This time it authorized. I pumped out the tanks and it worked ok without the “donut.” But as my Roadtrek friend Susan advised, it’s a lot smellier. I also filled the forward water tank. I made use of the lounge internet connection but it wouldn’t upload photos. Ian and his 2 year daughter Ginger, picked me up around noon to head for their house in the university area. They have really done a lot to enhance the 1930’s vintage house. We caught up on each other’s lives and watched the activities of the kids. Ian grilled great burgers and we all participated in the care and feeding of their various fish inside and out. Son Oscar performed on the recorder and daughter Dixie on the piano and sang an original song. All three are bright, inquisitive and active children. The rain had begun again as we headed back to the RV park. Somehow the driver’s side door had leaked because I had left up the “Skreez” over the window. Dumb. Anyway I removed them from both front doors; no need for ventilation tonight. I dried them with the hairdryer. Tonight I have been preparing for my ferry ride at 12:30 tomorrow by loading some food and reading, crossword materials as well as binoculars into the backpack. The ride is about an hour and a half so I doubt you stay in your vehicle or would I want to.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh, good! You brought a hair dryer. :) I may borrow it before we are through. Right now my hair is short enough it can drip dry.
Judy