Monday, July 28, 2008

Maine Visits

July 28 Monday, Rackliff Island Maine I arrived late this morning after a delightful weekend with Jim and Beth. New Harbor area is so picturesque and we had wonderful meals in the a very “downeast” setting—their fish house. Outside lobster boats were lined up in the cove. Lots of catching up for all the years since we’d visited with great exchanges of travel ideas, recipes, clothes, state of the world, etc.
Susan and I enjoyed the cabaret performance at the Deck House in Southwest Harbor Friday night. Great talents and our waiter Eric Richardson already has auditions lined up on Broadway. Watch for his name in lights some time soon. All the performers were very talented. The Deck House is very near the Hinkley Yard.
I departed Bass Harbor in rain and fog but most of my visit in New Harbor the weather was good. Now I am visiting winter neighbors Ike and Doris at their lovely island home overlooking another cove. I am certainly a very fortunate person to have all these friends with great houses and spectacular views. Today I finally unloaded poor beleagered Georgia, the bike. I cleaned her up and took a ride and found I was more out of shape than she was. I am hoping a visit with cousin Jim in a week in the DC area will be a boost for both Georgia and me in the bike riding department.

No comments: