This began as a log of travels as I explored with small motorhome, as well as traveled to Europe. Now using Chicago as a base, I continue to travel both in the US and Europe via automobile (now a Subaru Outback) as well as flying to destinations.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
New Home
I’m slowly but surely getting settled in my new apartment. With the large windows and open plan of the kitchen/living room, it seems quite spacious to me. The furniture fits but there is a problem with all my file boxes and plastic bins. I don’t want to take a photo till there is a bit more order. I’m looking at furniture type file cabinets or a possible credenza to go behind the desk. We haven’t been assigned our storage “cages” which hopefully will happen this week. That should at least allow me to remove some of the bankers boxes and totes which will help.
The food is delicious and I enjoy sitting with different people and getting to know them. Almost every day someone new moves in. I’ve also taken advantage of the shuttle service to various stores and events such as the Dame Myra Hess concert at the Cultural Center which featured an outstanding young pianist.
We celebrated son Michael’s birthday at a fancy city restaurant followed by dessert at Emily’s. It is wonderful to be a part of family occasions. Emily, Penelope and I shopped at Ikea Sunday (what a crazy place) and she made use of my wagon to bring home a storage unit for their new place. Michael had to work Monday so Karen and the 3 kids came for a visit and the featured BBQ lunch. Carl, age 12, announced he wanted to be old so he could live here. We took the short walk to the beach on Lake Michigan and they all enjoyed the water and sand on a beautiful day. Earlier in the day I had a great bicycle ride along the Lakefront path. It was crowded with walkers, joggers, roller bladders, strollers and other bicycles but somehow it all worked out and everyone was very courteous. I can get the path across the street from my building so it couldn’t be more convenient and it is much better than street riding!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment