This began as a log of travels as I explored with small motorhome, as well as traveled to Europe. Now using Chicago as a base, I continue to travel both in the US and Europe via automobile (now a Subaru Outback) as well as flying to destinations.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
A trip planned a year ago before scheduling my recent move will take me to the East Coast. This time my destination is the extreme southwest corner of North Carolina where I will attend a mountain dulcimer workshop at the John Campbell School of Folk Music. My instructor will be Janita Hall of Blue Lion instruments, from whom I took classes in 2011 at Western Carolina University. My Florida neighbor, a summer NC resident and part of my Florida dulcimer group will be coming and sharing a room. I look forward to the challenges of the class though wish I had more time to practice. The mountain setting should be delightful.
Unfortunately when I took my VW, Ruby, for pre-trip servicing, a serious problem of corrosion was effecting the coolant and oil which had become mixed. Belts also needed replacement. At least hopefully Ruby will be up for the trip.
From NC I will go on to the Eastern Shore of Maryland for Judy and my annual VBT bicycle adventure. In addition to riding, we are scheduled for a sail on a working skipjack. I’ve sailed the area on our PARTNERSHIP and also visited by car. Seeing an area by bicycle is always a new perspective. I’m also hoping to catch a sail on ADRIATICA with friends Elizabeth and Don as well as visiting other friends and family in the DC area.
So hopefully in the coming week there will be more to write about than grandchildren and moving tales!!
Below are a photo of my new home The Admiral at the Lake taken from the lakefront bike path and a view of the bike path near Oak Street Beach. On weekends the path and the beach are wall to wall people. It was delightfully empty on a Monday. I look forward to more rides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment