Today begins the bicycle phase of my fall adventure riding a rails to trails in Easton Maryland. It's a large transition from the week at John Campbell which ended with our ensemble performance of Danny Boy and an outstanding performance by our instructor. Tearful farewells and I headed for Raleigh NC stopping at Barbers Apple Orchard near Waynesviile suggested by roommate Claire. I bought honey crisp apples, apple butter, and an apple turnover which ended up being lunch. The drive to Raleigh was pleasant with signs of color change. I walked around town of Black Mountain which has 2 stores selling mountain dulcimers but couldn't find the stand I wanted. I arrived about 4:30 at my cousins house in Chapel Hill. It had been several years since we'd been together so we had lots of catching up. This morning after touring their spectacular garden I was on the road again. Sunday a. M. Is a good time to travel with light traffic. Still it was over 6 hours with only one stop. We are staying at the historic Tidewater Inn, a lovely hotel with a great crabcake. Tomorrow could be 30 miles. Hope I'm up for it.
This began as a log of travels as I explored with small motorhome, as well as traveled to Europe. Now using Chicago as a base, I continue to travel both in the US and Europe via automobile (now a Subaru Outback) as well as flying to destinations.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Bike ride
Today begins the bicycle phase of my fall adventure riding a rails to trails in Easton Maryland. It's a large transition from the week at John Campbell which ended with our ensemble performance of Danny Boy and an outstanding performance by our instructor. Tearful farewells and I headed for Raleigh NC stopping at Barbers Apple Orchard near Waynesviile suggested by roommate Claire. I bought honey crisp apples, apple butter, and an apple turnover which ended up being lunch. The drive to Raleigh was pleasant with signs of color change. I walked around town of Black Mountain which has 2 stores selling mountain dulcimers but couldn't find the stand I wanted. I arrived about 4:30 at my cousins house in Chapel Hill. It had been several years since we'd been together so we had lots of catching up. This morning after touring their spectacular garden I was on the road again. Sunday a. M. Is a good time to travel with light traffic. Still it was over 6 hours with only one stop. We are staying at the historic Tidewater Inn, a lovely hotel with a great crabcake. Tomorrow could be 30 miles. Hope I'm up for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment