Sunday, July 17, 2011

Up in the Mountains

Back on the road again! After 3 months at home during which I accomplished many delayed tasks of sorting, cleaning, purging, and redoing the tile in a bathroom (a contractor did the work; I just did the choosing and paying) I decided to list the place for sale.  It will go on the market July 20.  Real Estate being what it is and Florida particularly at this time of year, I'm sure not much will happen while I'm gone.  The good news is that I won't be there to tidy up each day and wonder if anyone will come by.  Instead I'm off on a trip that will take me to GA, SC, NC, VA, PA, NY, a bit of Ontario, MI, WI, and IL.  That news kept the credit card folks busy adding all that to my travel plans so hopefully they'll allow me to charge in those places!

 New Tile
After a night at Crooked River State Park in the SE corner of Georgia, I had heavy rains followed by off and on showers on I95 and I 26 while making my way to Hendersonville, NC.  My new tires performed well on the wet pavement.  (Yes I also spent over $2000 on Big Mama with repairs and improvements!) My host is Kay Beckett and we've been on the go with bluegrass and barbeque, her Gold Wings Motorcycle Club meeting, a visit to my uncle in Asheville, and a fantastic local theatre production of "Driving Miss Daisy".  Today I'll head off up the mountain to Western Carolina University in Cullowhee, NC where I'll be taking Mountain Dulcimer classes the rest of the week and living life in a dormitory. (Link is on this post.) Google is giving me an option of making the blog more "Mobile devices friendly".  Not sure I'm ready for that but love feedback from those of you who follow along.

No comments: