Saturday, April 23, 2011

Back in Florida

Bird spotted on our swamp tour in Louisiana
I did an eleven hour day on last Saturday, driving from Big Lagoon State Park near Perdido Key on the western side of Pensacola.  Since I didn't have a reservation for Friday night (never a good idea on a weekend), I stopped at Welcome Florida to ask their assistance re state parks.  The gentleman phoned a number with negative results and then tried the closest to their location.  It was a very nice park with lots of families preparing to enjoy the weekend.  I walked their extensive boardwalk but could locate the beach promised on the signs.  At least it gave me a chance to stretch my legs.  I had been traveling from Louisiana after a coffee stop with Baton Rouge friends, Skipper and Bryan.  We caught up a bit on each others lives before I headed out into storm warnings.  Fortunately they were all about 100 miles north of me and I even seemed to be following any rain. Some of the area affected would have been along my route the week before.

Today I am trying to finally put some order to my photographs in hopes of resets some of the camera memory sticks and removing some photos from my hard drive.  It's amazing how they accumulate.  I love the digital photos but they are a challenge to manage.  Deleting seems so permanent when there are no negatives. Part of my purpose is to post some albums on line that I have been promising in my blog over the years.  The link above is for Picasa and will take you to my photos from the Disney Spring Garden Show I saw earlier this month.  I also plan to add albums on Vicksburg, Natchez and surrounding areas and the Louisana swamp tour. By clicking on the Title to the Blog "Back in Florida", the disney photos should come up in a Picassa album.

No comments: