Had a great evening last night at Milwaukee's lakefront festival grounds lots of traditional as well as new music including the wild and crazy group Gaelic Storm who were featured in Titanic and are a perennial favorite in this city judging by the crowd who knew the songs and the hand motions that were part of it all. The group pictured are the Wolfe Tones. I particularly enjoyed Visten 3 excellent Acadian musicians from PEI area. Good bus transportation from our camping area at State Fair Park. Hopefully today's rain won't deter our return for more.
This began as a log of travels as I explored with small motorhome, as well as traveled to Europe. Now using Chicago as a base, I continue to travel both in the US and Europe via automobile (now a Subaru Outback) as well as flying to destinations.
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Irish Fest
Had a great evening last night at Milwaukee's lakefront festival grounds lots of traditional as well as new music including the wild and crazy group Gaelic Storm who were featured in Titanic and are a perennial favorite in this city judging by the crowd who knew the songs and the hand motions that were part of it all. The group pictured are the Wolfe Tones. I particularly enjoyed Visten 3 excellent Acadian musicians from PEI area. Good bus transportation from our camping area at State Fair Park. Hopefully today's rain won't deter our return for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment