Ginny arrived shortly after I did and we settled into Big Mama enjoying a dinner of leftovers, a delicious tomato sauce and spaghetti created by daughter in law Karen on their visit. Today we were up by 7 and off to Epcot before 9 with a wary eye on some very threatening clouds. Judy called from Oklahoma concerned that we were experiencing tornados. “Not that I know of” was my reply but it made me wonder what she was seeing on the weather channel. We had just reached the “bag search” area of the park when torrents of rain let loose and everyone scrambled into ponchos or other types of rain gear while searching for cover. As it turned out, the rain was off and on, never again that hard, and the thunder only in the distance. As is often the case when events force a shift in plans, we visited some inside exhibits that we had not seen in January and might have missed again this time and they were enjoyable. The topiary were amazing and the flowers, while a bit beaten down by the storms were colorful. We had a delightful lunch at the Mexican Pavilion and they even gave us another birthday salute since we explained this was the end of our celebration that had started in January. First time I’ve been serenaded in Spanish for my birthday, but Ginny a former Spanish student and teacher knew the song.
She headed home to Stuart and I registered for the Tech Rally and renewed acquaintances with those from past rallies as well as met new people. We shared a delicious potluck supper (amazing what these cooks can turn out from our tiny galleys!) Tomorrow we’ll get to work with laptops, Kindles, IPads and their programs. Meantime I’ve decided to head west Thursday afternoon and reach the Vicksburg MS area Friday evening when Judy and Chris think they’ll arrive
No comments:
Post a Comment