Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

Children's Table Rock City IL

Trying new bike inside
Happy New Year!  May 2011 be a year of peace and progress for the world1
The "old lady" turned a year older yesterday and a new decade is looming in a year.  It's time to access how I want to spend the last year in my 60's, certainly a memorable time for me.  One resolution is to be more attentive to my blog.  That may mean more travels since there in lies my motivation.
My week in Illinois was very busy and enjoyable with family and friends.   I was prepared for snow and cold, but neither were that bad, I'm happy to say. The drive back I served as co-pilot and fortunately the weather was OK and the traffic while consistent, was tolerable.  Good food along the way including delicious Apalachicola oysters at the West End Grill in Quincy Florida which is about 20 miles west of Tallahassee.  They melted in my mouth.
Neighbors toasted my birthday and the new year with an early evening party so we all could have a reasonable bedtime.  Three of my four sisters telephoned which was such a treat and I found the value of Facebook in all the birthday messages.
Thoughts for 2011 travel include some camping again in the Midwest, including the FMCA rally in Madison WI in August, and hopefully a Europe bike trip in September or October.  Stay tuned.

No comments: