http://www.bogartloves.blogspot.com/ This blog is full of wonderful recipes and is written by the granddaughter of one of my neighbors. Recently she posted a bran muffin recipe I decided to try. I thought I'd surprise her grandmother by taking her some. Much to my surprise her grandmother had some for me! We compared our preparation including buying Agave Nectar (health food store) which replaces some the sugar and Flax seeds which she ground in her coffee grinder, but I used the flax seed meal which I have on hand for my breakfast. The muffins are healthy but tasty and moist. If your mouth is starting water, check out her blog.
My neighbor lives right on the Intracoastal with a commanding view of the boat traffic going by. I get nostalgic when I see a cruising sailboat passing by. Shortly after I arrived yesterday, an AIRPLANE went by! It was on a barge that was making good time despite heading into the wind or perhaps because of the need to make a turn into the river. I grabbed her camera and dashed outside. The results are not very satisfying, but proves we did see it!
No comments:
Post a Comment