Our last leg of sailing was only 19 miles over glassy seas and no wind. Our crew was reduced by 2 more as Phil and Lynn had to move up their departure to avoid problems with a planned British Air strike. I'm sure Phil will have more details on the Sailing Greece Blog. We did make one stop at a shoreline hot springs sign of the volcanic activity of the past. Part of the group swam into shore to check it out. On returning to Kos we fueled up and took 151 liters. Docking in the very crowded marina was again with the assistance of the inflatable pilot boat. In the evening our hired captain Gilles arranged for transportation to a country taverna were the 9of us remaing enjoyed sampling many local specialities.
I stay tonight at a small hotel not far from the ferry dock where I'll leave Kos. The island has held many surprises including a significant archeolgical site I visited today The Asklepieion a medical sanctuary of ancient Greece. I'll post photos and more information when I can work from a computer; typing on the Iphone is tedious at best and only uses photos from phone. Photo above is part of Kos castle where we walked the ancient walls only 2 weeks ago. On to Naxos !
No comments:
Post a Comment