Ferry from Kos arrived on time for 7:30 departure. Hotel provided a ride to the dock. I was very happy to see luggage rack noted with destinations near the entrance. Loading ferries is a story in itself. Passengers arriving and departing hustle along the gangplank at the same time vechicles are loading and unloading. It seems to be much less orderly than my experiences with the Alaska and Canadian ferries but it works. The ferry was very nice with comfortable seating areas. I had a window seat. As we closed in on Naxos the wind increased and shortly after arrival it rained. It took a while to connect witH Marco who would take my suitcase up to Panorama Hotel in the Kastro (castle) area not accessible to vehicles. The photo is of the harbor from my balcony. The wind continued but the rain stopped causing the evening concert at the nearby Venetian Miseum to be moved inside but was a most enjoyabe two hours of local music and folk dancing concluding with audience dancing something I had wanted to experience the whole trip! This followed awonderful dinner at Lucullus where I treated myself to lamp chops in honor of my wedding anniversary . I also met a couple from Toronto there and we went together to the concert greatly enhancing my evening. What could have been a downer day was instead a real high. Tonight begins the long journey back to Miami. I can't say enough about how beautiful Greece and it's people are. I couldn't ask for a better experience!
This began as a log of travels as I explored with small motorhome, as well as traveled to Europe. Now using Chicago as a base, I continue to travel both in the US and Europe via automobile (now a Subaru Outback) as well as flying to destinations.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Naxos
Ferry from Kos arrived on time for 7:30 departure. Hotel provided a ride to the dock. I was very happy to see luggage rack noted with destinations near the entrance. Loading ferries is a story in itself. Passengers arriving and departing hustle along the gangplank at the same time vechicles are loading and unloading. It seems to be much less orderly than my experiences with the Alaska and Canadian ferries but it works. The ferry was very nice with comfortable seating areas. I had a window seat. As we closed in on Naxos the wind increased and shortly after arrival it rained. It took a while to connect witH Marco who would take my suitcase up to Panorama Hotel in the Kastro (castle) area not accessible to vehicles. The photo is of the harbor from my balcony. The wind continued but the rain stopped causing the evening concert at the nearby Venetian Miseum to be moved inside but was a most enjoyabe two hours of local music and folk dancing concluding with audience dancing something I had wanted to experience the whole trip! This followed awonderful dinner at Lucullus where I treated myself to lamp chops in honor of my wedding anniversary . I also met a couple from Toronto there and we went together to the concert greatly enhancing my evening. What could have been a downer day was instead a real high. Tonight begins the long journey back to Miami. I can't say enough about how beautiful Greece and it's people are. I couldn't ask for a better experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment