St. Augustine Beach. It was a hectic turn round from returning home after 4 p.m. on Friday to departure at 11:30 on Saturday. Big Mama needed fuel. Interesting I paid $1.84/gal. Last time, in September was $3.79.
Checked the air in the tires, (yeah they were still properly inflated!) loaded any food available, clothes, computer and various items which hopefully will carry me through a week on the road.
The reason was a rendezvous with in laws Bob and Sara Larsen who were spending the Thanksgiving holiday in the St. Augustine area. They had been touring with daughter Melissa and son in law Jordan from Tampa. Melissa & Jordan headed west as I headed in. We had a fun visit together despite a lot of rain on Sunday. We even had our cocktail hour aboard Big Mama Sunday night.
They headed out to catch a flight home at Orlando’s airport. I had a great bike ride around the Anastasia State Park where I camped. I decided this is such a great place I would stay two more nights. The temperature is supposed to drop near freezing and my hope is that it will be warmer near the water. This park is on the Atlantic and the beaches have a white sand. It’s a very attractive park with lots of live oaks. Most sites are quite private and there are good restrooms though unheated.
From here I'll head inland tomorrow toward Gainesville where I'll attend a Roadtrek/birdwatching camping rally from Thursday to Sunday. I really enjoyed the gathering last year and look forward to the Paynes Prairie Campground. Sunday I'll finally return to Stuart but only for 3 weeks when I head back to Chicago on th 27th to attend a bridal shower and accompany my friend Ginny as she drives to her winter home in my neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment