Friday, August 22, 2008

FAY

Just a brief post to say today the sun is shining here today and it really helps ones attitude. In the scheme of things we came through very well. It was a long four days of rain and wind but I was already fairly prepared with window covers, food supplies, and porch furniture stored indoors. While Stuart did experience a small tornado and some flooding, much of the flooding was to the north of us.

I need to find a place to store Big Mama and I'm wondering how many of those storage facilities were flooded. She rode out the storm in the driveway. I took her for errands yesterday since she rides a bit higher than my VW Passat wagon. It was my first time out of our condo complex in almost a week. I tried to do as many errands as I could think of but find I need to go out again today.

We resumed our water exercise in the pool today with only 3 of us plus the instructor. It was wonderful to get the exercise although the water was a bit chilled by all the rain.

I made some corrections to the previous post. I had forgotten to list the cost of the ferries. I also had a couple of other errors which were pointed out to me. It's a work in process.

During the storm we did not lose power so I was able to get some computer work done including sorting my photos--about 500 taken on the trip. I should be posting them shortly with a link on the blog.

1 comment:

papaya odyssey said...

Glad to hear you are okay! Are you going to ride out the hurricane season in Florida or hit the road again?