Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chatham Cycling

On Wednesday we headed of with our bikes in Jerry's truck to the bike trail section in the Chatham area. We rode through beautiful Cape Cod cottages some of which might be better referred to as mansions. Our path led us along beaches and harbors. I struggled again with the hills which were not exceptional but I ran out of breath 3/4 of the way up on a couple of them. Later in the day Jerry made some adjustments to my bike which hopefully will improve my shifting into lower gears. After the ride, we drove to Sesuite Harbor with an outdoor cafe along the water where I had the most spectacular lobster roll ever! It has set a high benchmark for the future. The setting was idealic with a breeze blowing the umbrellas over the picnic tables. We then did a driving tour of other areas reinforcing again had beautiful the Cape is with its Ponds, sandy beaches and marshes. We ended the day walking to a nearby beach for Sunset.

No comments: