I returned to my condo on Thursday morning accompanied by my neighbors, Ike and Doris. Doris and Ginny drop in frequently and accompany me on short walks outside. Overall I have been pleasantly surprised at my progress. There have been a few blips primarily involving getting the systems back in gear, but the pain has been mostly in the form of pressure and discomfort. I'm halving the prescription pain med and only using at night supplemented by Motrin in the daytime. I'm still a little fuzzy brained and move slow but enjoying getting some reading done.
This morning is my first adventure onto the computer and working my way through the accumulated emails. Two new Facebook friends to greet. I'm still understanding how that all works but hope to have some fun with it while I recupperate.
Not much interest in food yet but my neighbor Arlene brought over homemade chicken soup last night and it was a real treat. Nothing like chicken soup for the soul or the system!
More later...Doris is ready to take me for a stroll on this cold, windy but sunny Florida morning. Thanks for all your good wishes and positive thoughts. It means a lot to me.
2 comments:
Glad to hear that you are doing well. Have fun with Facebook. Best wishes for continuing progress in your recovery.
Ditto Jim's comments.
Aren't you doubly glad you live in a pleasant climate where you can take walks during your recovery?
K&B
Post a Comment