Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Seasonal Travels

My 2003 VW Passat known as Ruby was my transportation for a November trip to Chicago to await the birth of a grandchild.  She arrived on Thanksgiving Day, 11 days past due but good size and healthy.  In the time leading up to her birth I had time to have an overnight with my four year granddaughter. Thanks to the generosity of long time friend Ginny, I had a home to stay in.  I've accumulated cold weather clothes as the pull of the granddaughters will increase my trips and eventually call for a move back to the Chicago area. 

The drive to and from was made more directly and quickly than I would like but I have to say I was pleased with the VW.  I had never driven it on a long trip by myself and it had never been north in cold weather.  I discovered that when the temperature drops below 40, a small alarm sounds and a snowflake appears next to the outside temperature!!  We questioned the seat heaters when we bought the car but they were part of the package.  Now almost 10 years later I'm making use of them.



For Christmas I will fly back and return to Florida via Ginny's car.  I look forward to being with family but my travel will delay my Christmas cards which I so enjoy sending and receiving.  Completing that will be at the top of my New Years Resolutions. Meantime I'll post some granddaughter photos which are sure to appear on the Holiday letter!  A Joyous and Blessed Christmas to all who may read this post in the next weeks. and wishes for a new year without the strife and rancor that seems to have dominated 2011. Thanks for sharing my life on the road.

No comments: