We rode 26 miles today, 17 of them with a strong head wind along the dark and turquoise Adriatic Sea. In town of Monopoli visited a beautiful Baroque church with marble mosaics, then walked part of business area before a great lunch of salad, carprese, and steamed mussels at recommended all fish restaurant with stone vaulted walls and ceiling. Followed another recommendation a gelateria where I had a combination watermelon lemon ice. On our return to Masseria took advantage of shuttle to beach club for long walk amidst waves. Tomorrow we ride to our next hotel.
This began as a log of travels as I explored with small motorhome, as well as traveled to Europe. Now using Chicago as a base, I continue to travel both in the US and Europe via automobile (now a Subaru Outback) as well as flying to destinations.
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Last day for beach
We rode 26 miles today, 17 of them with a strong head wind along the dark and turquoise Adriatic Sea. In town of Monopoli visited a beautiful Baroque church with marble mosaics, then walked part of business area before a great lunch of salad, carprese, and steamed mussels at recommended all fish restaurant with stone vaulted walls and ceiling. Followed another recommendation a gelateria where I had a combination watermelon lemon ice. On our return to Masseria took advantage of shuttle to beach club for long walk amidst waves. Tomorrow we ride to our next hotel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment