Early morning overlooking the Intracoastal
Last Sunday morning I was off on my bike shortly after 7 a.m. on a beautiful peaceful morning. I rode about 12 miles and enjoyed seeing the pink early morning sky and hearing the birds sing. My purpose though was to get ready for this year's bike excursion which will begin next week. This year Judy and I are trying a US ride from Charleston to Savannah. It's an area I know well both by boat and by car. Les and I seriously considered buying in Beaufort SC which will be one of our overnight stops. Our first nights are at the Middleton Inn which looks like a beautiful facility, a former rice plantation. There we will leave our vehicles for the week. Judy is driving from Maryland and I am bringing Big Mama and plan to camp at Jekyll Island GA enroute. Following the bike adventure I hope to do some South Carolina family history research in Charleston and Edgefield before heading home. So the Old Lady hits the road once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment