Fountain at Chicago's Millineneum Park
Sister Susan from California meets Illinois' favorite son!
It's been an amazing 3 weeks visit packed with activities, special family events, and weather Florida style. Susan and I had 3 great days in Wisconsin which included celebrating her birthday by attending the American Players Theatre production of The Syringa Tree. A one woman show running 2 hours without interruption was inspiring, amazing, and emotional. Set in South Africa toward the end of Apartite, the role required playing a child as well as the characters with which she interacted. To learn more http://americanplayer.org/
A home grown feast at sister Margarets in Rock City was a big treat and we were able to "camp" in the driveway. The route back to Chicago took us along the Rock River and a close up of the Loredo Taft Chief Blackhawk statue amidst the "Oregon Trail Days" festivities.
Since Susan's Sunday departure, I've been busy catching up with old friends, breakfasts, lunches and dinners. One afternoon I had great fun flying a kite with step grandson Josh. It had been a long time since I tried that!
Now I want to head south for some home time before I return to the area for my 50th HS reunion. I'll first stop in Springfield to see the new Lincoln Museum and other sights before heading to Mississippi for a little family history research. Tentative arrival home Thursday, July 29.
No comments:
Post a Comment