Thursday, March 5, 2009

Emily's visit


Emily made my seafood pizza on Saturday night complete with a homemade crust. It was delicious. She cooked three nights and we enjoyed leftovers on the last night. I gained weight! It was a great visit that included a long beach walk and a tour of the Frances Langford Beachhouse that was a designer showcase to raise funds for the Children's Home and Aid Society. Spectacular ocean views and guest suites that had once been occupied by the likes of Jackie Gleason and Bob Hope.
She also helped me with some chores including putting the new windshield cover on the van, changing light bulbs, and storing my health aid equipment back in the attic. The 500 piece jigsaw finally was finished as a result of her seeing my problem in a new light (missplaced pieces).
On my list was checking out the I Phone. I had been considering one or an IPod which I learned is actually a feature on the I Phone. I decided to go ahead after Emily plied the ATT salesman with questions and I tried it out. As a result Emily says I've now "out teched" her. However I still have a ways to go on the learning curve. She was able to set up some applications including one that will use the GPS function to track my bicycle riding. My email is coming through on the Ipod as well and will be great for traveling. I can't believe all it does and I've probably barely scratched the surface. (Actually fingerprints on the surface are the biggest negative so I need to get some kind of cover.)
I have to say I was a bit worn out but the 4:45 a.m. departure she had may have contributed to that. I found a series of gentle exercises from Hystersister website which I'm trying to do twice a day for that "swelly belly" that just doesn't seem to go down!

No comments: