Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 3

Tomorrow will mark 3 weeks since the surgery.While I am still restricted in my activities, i.e. no swimming pool, not yet driving, no lifting, etc. , overall I feel pretty good. I've been trying to walk daily and extend the distance and number of times a day. The beautiful weather with the sun warming me has to be healing. Today I went to the grocery store with Ike and Doris. They were also nice enough to help me dispose of my recyables.

They gyn dr. gave me a good report on Tuesday as did my biannual checkup with the retina doctor. So I guess it's just a matter of time to get all these internal stitches healed and the muscles and organs back closer to normal. Of course my patience is not great at this.

I am doing lots of reading and some computer research. Highlights of this week was a nice long visit from W. Palm friend Betty who came complete with a Valentine's themed picnic lunch. We never run out of discussion topics and she greatly enjoyed working on the 500 piece jigsaw puzzle and we made some good progress. Then the following day, boating friends Elizabeth and Don arrived and they took were hooked by the puzzle leaving only the difficult shades of purple sky for my struggle. They treated me to dinner out and we also spent a great hour down at the community fishing dock watching boats and dolphins. All in all I feel very fortunate and blessed.

No comments: